Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Summa cum Medicus (ScM; aka Maximo cum Honores / McH): Its Meaning and Significance

Summa cum Medicus (aka ScM) is a term, which when literally translated from its Latin origin means "All that Heals," "Whole Healing," "Holistic Healing," inter alia.

So, what is ScM?

Since this blog was conceived out of curiosity producing the wholeness of things, specifically concerning human endeavors, achievements, and accomplishments, I thought first of the human species (that is, the "fittest" in terms of intellect). Albeit, "fittest of the human species" is not a glorification of the "best and the brightest" intellectually,  but only a journey into that frontier's edge. For as human beings, as all things may or may not be equal at all, we have our own share of contributions to humanity.

Big or small, I write first about summa cum laude or the cream of the crop in their field of endeavors. They are byproducts of nature (that is, "good genes") AND nurture (such as, laudable parental guidance, education, upbringing, good peers' influencers). 

To date so far, I've only included summa cum laude from the University of the Philippines's inception until this writing. In future times, I hope that this site would expand and include worldwide individuals who were recognized as summa cum laude - that is, from undergraduate up to their post-doctoral degrees.

At this point, what is the significance this ScM has to me or to anyone interested out there?

First, ScM may engender inspiration at its apex. Remember that people aspire to be best given the right motivation, interest, or inspiration. This article is such. There are various perspectives in which to celebrate individual achievements collectively. Much better, if we find the key to look for similar yet easiest way how to become one of them.

Second, an initial database of ScM is a must for me. I need to collect data elsewhere and into this single website for individuals to have something to cite or reference despite the fact that this is simply a blog. Nonetheless, given the right time afterwards, an ScM.com or its variants URL may be in the offing...

Third, netizens like to imitate something and make it better. I've that in mind too that's why the birth of this site. Caveat, not aside, eschew from using this site's content(s) without proper in-text citation and referencing. I've done the same of properly crediting the person owning an original work or secondary source(s). In the event I made a mistake and self-informed or notified by concerned individuals, I will definitely make the necessary and sufficient correction.

Fourth, in reality, there are other significance that I may have not tackled yet. Whenever time and energy permit me to do so, I will add more to this part. I can gain insights from your comments below; and I, in advance, appreciate and thank you...

I've many more and better things to share out of this blog. For the meantime, let me leave with you a message to help one another out. If you've better ways in sight, kindly post your contribution below... 

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are You a Genius if You've One of These Not-So Traits? (Genius-Known Facts about Geniuses, Maybe)

 Are You a Genius if You've One of These Traits? (Genius-Known Facts about Geniuses, Maybe?) If you're credentialed or world-renowne...

Articles